3: Perform additional delegated tasks, including medication administration, upon
completion of instruction and return demonstration.
4. Prepare meals, including modified diets and food safety
5. Complete household chores.
6. Is aware of and uses good safety practices, including but not limited to:
- Body mechanics
- Falls prevention
- Reporting of defective equipment or hazards
- Wiping spills or wet floors immediately
- Using Universal Precautions and appropriate infection control measures
- Knowledge of emergency procedures
- Reporting incidents/accidents to the Administrator or Director of Nursing
on the day of occurrence
7. Participates in care conferences with other members of the health care team.
8. Maintains absolute confidentiality of all information pertaining to clients, families,
9. Documents as indicated in clinical record.
10. Demonstrated awareness of professional boundaries and cultural diversity
11. Plans and facilitates activities for clients to enhance socialization.
12. Assists with personal communication skills as needed.
13. Promotes a safe and comfortable environment for the client and family while
respecting the dignity and privacy of the home environment.
14. Recognizes and manages own stresses, which may affect work performance.
15. Participates in in-service educational programs, as required by state regulations.
16. Performs additional duties as assigned by the Administrator or Director of
17. Adheres to all agency policies.
EXPERIENCE/JOB SKILLS REQUIREMENTS
- High School Graduate
- Home Health Aide course completion preferred
- Satisfactory completion of competency test
- Must be able to read, write, comprehend and carry out directions and instructions
- Able to function effectively with minimal direct supervision
- Good health status and emotional stability
- Demonstrate a strong commitment to client service and service excellence
WORKING CONDITION REQUIREMENTS
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: (Occasionally means 1-2 hours of an 8 hour workday, frequently means 2.5 to 5.5 hours of an 8 hour workday and continually means 6 to 8 hours of an 8 hour workday)
- Sit ——————— Occasionally
- Stand ——————— Continually
- Walk ——————— Continually
- Bend/Stoop ——————— Continually
- Squat ——————— Continually
- Crawl ——————— Occasionally
- Reach above shoulder ——————— Frequently
- Reach below shoulder level ——————— Frequently
- Lift, Carry, Push, Pull ———————
- Maximum 50 lbs ——————— Continually
- Over 50 lbs ——————— Frequently
WORKING CONDITION REQUIREMENTS
- Inside ——————— Continually
- Outside ——————— Occasionally
Exposed to temperatures of:
- 32 degrees F and less ——————— Continually
- 100 degrees F and more ——————— Occasionally
- Wet and humid conditions ——————— Occasionally
- Noise, vibration ——————— Occasionally
- Infectious wastes ——————— Continually
- Toxic chemicals ——————— Never
- Needles/Body fluids ——————— Continually
- Radiation ——————— Never
- Chemotherapeutics ——————— Never
- Mechanical Hazards-Driving ——————— Frequently
I HAVE READ AND FULLY UNDERSTAND THIS JOB DESCRIPTION.I AGREE TO ABIDE BY THE REQUIREMENTS SET FORTH AND WILL PERFORM ALL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES TO THE BEST OF MY ABILITY.